Want to help? Here are 10 ways to help raise funds for the Lake Tahoe Humane Society:
- Donate Through Amazon Smile:When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Lake Tahoe Humane Society. If you’re looking for a simple, automatic way to support our mission, this option is super easy. You shop as you normally would on the site, at no extra cost to you, and you don’t need to make a separate account. Every little helps, and it makes us and them smile!
- Donate Your Birthday on Facebook: One way to have some fun and raise funds with friends and family is to donate your birthday on Facebook. Pledging your birthday means that instead of receiving gifts, you would prefer to pledge a fundraising campaign that supports Lake Tahoe Humane Society, thus celebrating your special day with generosity. One supporter pledged her birthday and raised close to $650.
- Host an Event: Have a restaurant, bar, or business where you could allocate a percentage of the proceeds to local charity? Get in touch with us, we would love to discuss partnering with you.
- Host a Garage Sale: Many locals will host garage sales on behalf of the Lake Tahoe Humane Society where they donate a percentage or all proceeds raised for the organization.
- Employee matching: These are donations an employer makes to match its employees’ charitable contributions. Employee matching gifts often are dollar-for-dollar, but some companies will give double or even triple the original donation.
- Corporate giving: Many corporations have a foundation that makes grants to nonprofits, and almost all corporations have a corporate giving program created to spread good will in the community and boost the corporation’s image by supporting local events and projects.
- Beneficiary contributions: Your contribution can help secure the future of animals who need help in the Lake Tahoe community. You can designate the Lake Tahoe Humane Society as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other financial plan. If you are 70 ½ or older, you can make a charitable distribution from your IRA.
- Property donations: A donation of property will help with the long term charitable giving to the Lake Tahoe animal welfare efforts.
- Share on Social Media: The more people who know, the more people who can lend a hand. We are on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Attend local events that sponsor the Humane Society: We are working with several local businesses to help raise money. If you are a business who would like to participate, contact us at donations@laketahoehumanesociety,org we would like to partner with you. Secretary, Mariel Berei is one of our community connectors and will help you get the ball rolling!